- A 9-month conversation series on the essentials of our
- A series of personal profiles
- “Live from India”
- Mission book reviews
- Weekly profiles of Nazarene missionaries
NMI presidents will find the magazine useful as a portal
to easily find stories to promote mission in their churches.
They’ll also find links to mission Websites, regional and
field newsletters and Web sites, and Nazarene mission stories
gathered from other places on the Internet.
Engage magazine offers
two ways that NMI presidents and councils can use it to help
engage their churches in mission involvement and passion:
First, share the stories with your church family
- playing the audio recorded interviews during small groups
or mission services;
- creating a mission news e-mail chain and forward mission
stories to people who sign up;
- printing off Engage stories to pass out at church
or hang on a bulletin board;
- putting a note in the bulletin inviting church members
to sign up for the Engage e-newsletter;
- using Engage information in your mission presentations,
such as with our new Mission Moments slideshows;
- encouraging members to “like” us on Facebook, or follow
us on Twitter;
sharing our Facebook story links on your church’s Facebook
Second, tell the stories of your church’s involvement
in missions through Engage.
- Register to write a story of how God is drawing your church
into Christ’s mission to the world.
- Review an interesting mission book or video.
- Encourage your church family to contribute their mission
stories and essays, too.
To sign up for our monthly email newsletter, visit nazarene.org/subscriber.html
and select Engage Magazine in the Publications list.
To register to contribute your story, click on “Log In” at
the top of the Engage home page, click on the “create
new account” tab, then fill out the form. Once you validate
your registration by clicking on a link that is sent to your
e-mail, you will be able to sign in at www.engagemagazine.com
and begin writing!
For more information or questions, contact Managing Editor Gina
Pottenger at email@example.com,
or on Skype at ginagp06. For website questions, call Darryl
Bennett in the NMI office at 913-577-2973.